Wednesday, January 28, 2009

S'09: RTW London

Lush to AcidQ:

London! (let me just say, as always, London is not a font of every blessing. We all know it. But now and then some trout swim against its hideous stream, so I'll reserve judgment. For now.)
*Eley Kishimoto Just previewing the looks before opening the window, I do like the color palette I'm seeing. Okay now I'm in. WHY IS COLORBLOCK SO POPULAR AGAIN? WE GET IT. PANELS OF COLOR. Okay that was only the first look and it actually worked, so pih pah. One thing I am noticing that I do like about this show is that each look is WEARABLE. It's also appropos to Spring - ie, pastels, florals, skirts, hats. Thanks, London: practicality!
This one, for example. Imagine, say...me in it!
I'm noticing a few yucky color combos, a few bizarro prints, but everyone vomits now and then. Overall, I am enthralled. Particularly because I have such low expectations for London. A small detail worth mentioning is the tights. Lately I've been getting into the possibilities of patterns on tights. No, not worn as pants. Simply complementing ensembles peeking out from a skirt tucked into boots and the like. I really like the cloud bubble-cum-dragon scale thing they're working here.
Status: AGREED.
I dig the color palette, again London. Has this country recently discovered high definition LIFE? But, do I recall mentioning COLOR BLOCK earlier? Sigh, I must resign myself to this entire season including it.
The kind of panda I like- a working girl.

And, the kind of waterfall I like - a playing girl.

A couple of billowy pantsuits have popped up in this show - I guess we must have something to wear for those occasions we're giving birth, or menstruating, or parachuting. I understand, Josh. Bless your bald head. You simply want to cover all bases.
Status: AGREED.

*Vivienne Westwood Red Label Here's an un-secret: I've always looked down upon the London fashion scene. Mostly because of Burberry and white guilt. And they don't have a national culinary tradition - their fashion tends to follow suit. (GET IT!? EH? *POKES YOU IN THE RIBS* SUIT!)
I usually assume to "understand" (a.k.a. delude yourself into believing you LIKE the clothes) you must have british eyes only.
Even Japan with its weird tech-y futuristic-hello kitty-robot style clocks in above London in my hierarchy.
But lately? They've been putting up a fight. Of course I didn't see the amalgam of crap you DIDN'T select for this review, and that's probably why. Excellent selecting thus far, good sir.
Now, as to Vivienne (love that name...new baby name? p'raps)
The style.com review terms part of it "vintage Anglomania." Which might be hysterically chic or hysterically terrible. Let's find out!
This tells me a lot. It says, I choose to open with Jourdan Dunn. I choose to use plaid, but beautifully. I choose to be reasonable, but glamorous. I like where this is headed.


I picture Adri in this.

I will wear this




Becky in white naturally.


Dr. Lillian Back, and of corse she MUST have the hat.
You will wear this.

Could it be possible? I find myself liking ready-to-wear more and more than couture. The utter insanity of couture will never be surmounted....yet I see myself in many of these looks! DELIRIUM.
Let us not skip over the fact that this woman's name is "Queeny". Almost like Berenstein Bears but British. And what an appropriate attire she has been given to showcase.


Heavens above, I've found the golden ticket! We're going to see Willy Wonka!
Why so sad, oil-slicked walrus?


Status: WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Who's Been Here?